Monday, January 01, 2007

Writers write because they are driven to share experiences.

The above quote was from a posting on the Sheepdog-L list where they are discussing books by John Katz. I have not read his books, but whenever they are mentioned on the Sheepdog list, they are put down. Likely because Katz did not care for his rescued Border Collie in an appropriate manner. In the end Katz euthanized the dog because he had bitten several (two?) people.

I know a lot of people do not like or agree with what I write. I could say I don't care, but that's a lie. I care too much about what people think of me. That's probably why I drank alcohol. Yes, drank, past tense. I'm through ruining my health to cover up my feelings.

Back when I rescued the kittens from the flea market, I received a really nasty post. I've never received such a post, you couldn't forward or print it. It was an e-mail message written in invisible ink, once you read it, it disappeared. It is my opinion that if you have something to say, then you should say it and deal with the consequences. If it isn't something that you'd say to the person's face, then you shouldn't say it.

I still have six of the kittens I rescued from the flea market. They are not yet spayed or neutered, but they will be, this month. As I recommned to my kitten buyers, let them mature sexually before spaying them. None of the females have cycled, the one male is jowling and starting to show interest in the females, so he'll be done first. I certainly do not want to do any more cat breeding.

May you experience all the best in 2007.