Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Coming Soon

I wrote Raising Cats Naturally using a Dell Inspiron 3800 notebook computer. At that time, at about six or seven pounds, it was one of the lightest notebook computers available. It came loaded with Windows 98 so that gives you an idea of how long ago I bought it. I also had another Inspiron which was very heavy that I used as a desktop computer. I carried the lighter notebook around with me to and from work and to libraries on the weekends while I was writing Raising Cats Naturally.

When I moved to North Carolina, that notebook was stolen. Luckily, the contents of my book were contained on the 3800 so I didn't loose it. Unluckily, a lot of the artwork that I planned to use for the book were on the other Inspiron.

I digress here.

I recently sold the 3800 as a Christmas present for a thirteen-year-old girl. I hope she gets as much use out of it as I did. Prior to selling it, I took all the old files and e-mail off the computer. I recently bought a Dell Latitude D400 which weighs about four pounds. I carry that with me to and from work: why? Just because I guess. There was a lot of old e-mails on the 3800 from back when I moderated the Natural Cat List which I put on to the D400 for safekeeping. I thought, in my free time (ha!) I might post some of those old e-mails as the questions asked, discussions, etc. were interesting.

Off to shower, iron my monkey clothes and head to work.