Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Belated Happy New Year

This is the first time I've posted to NRN in quite a few months. Sorry about that. I hope you are reading my Spellcast Border Collie
Blog which I do update almost daily. I believe if there was something you go do with purebred cats other than conformation showing, I might still be breeding cats, but I believe breeding for a particular look (a "standard") is to the detriment of the animal.

All of the cats are doing well. As I write this, I'm home sick with the flu. It's quite cold outside, about 30 degrees with a wind chill. I have a kerosene heater going and a pile of cats next to me on the couch. Very, very cozy.

A friend asked me if I was going to rewrite Raising Cats Naturally. I've thought about it, but in general, the information contained in the book is still solid and accurate. I'd like to expand on the vaccination section, but other than that, I don't know how much I change about the book.

This past weekend I got two separate e-mails from people with older cats who were quite ill asking for my help. One had already started administering homeopathic remedies and herbs based on Pitcairn's book. I used to try to help these people, but for the most part, I don't any more. I don't know that they can be helped. It is unfortunate that a raw diet and homeopathy are considered when all else has failed: as a last resort. A properly balanced raw diet is a wonderful tool, but it is not a cure-all. Nothing is. I felt bad saying I couldn't help, but I can't.